About XContest/XCTrack Alpha testing program
Welcome on XContest/XCTrack alpha testing program!
What is XContest/XCTrack alpha testing program?
We like to share new exciting functions and features with you as soon as possible! Sometimes we need proper extensive testing before we are sure these features are ready for a public or stable version of XCTrack.
Is XContest/XCTrack alpha testing program suitable for me?
- you are a XContest and XCTrack user
- you are a fan of new technologies
- you understand at least basically how modern web/mobile apps work
- you can live with occasional bugs/improper work of the XCTrack app
- you are able to send us valuable bug report if anything doesn't work as expected
How can I take a part in the XContest/XCTrack alpha testing program?
Login to XContest using your XContest username/password (in case you aren't) and register yourself - then follow instructions in registration e-mail.
What is new in XContest/XCTrack?
Currently the main big thing is the LIVETRACKING feature. There are also many other changes/improvements in XCTrack app. You can see all of them in changelog.
How livetracking works?
- a new version of XCTrack downloaded from the link you will receive in e-mail after you register into the Alpha testing program
- XContest username/password in Pilot menu
- enabled mobile data on your phone (4G/LTE is an advantage).
It's easy to enable livetracking in XCTrack menu. You can also optionally allow automatic XContest claim after you land.
From Livetracking tools you can dedice which pilots to follow or send a message.
Where can I see LIVE pilots?
- here on the LIVE page
- directly in XCTrack on the map - as soon as you have GPS fix, you can see all airbuddies with XContest livetracking within 15 km distance.
How demanding is livetracking concerning data consumption?
Negligible. Basic data consumption is less than 0,1 MB per hour. It may consume more data depending on the number of airbuddies you follow directly in XCTrack.