X C o n t e s t   2 0 0 9

Forgotten password?

[Thread] Firefox 9

Firefox 9
Author: ParaDave (+0) (-0) | Posted: 11.11.2011 * 18:42

Those Mozilla-Guys freak me out. The build new Firefox-Versions faster than two-liner-pilots can fly....

Today I got the Message that FF 9 is available.

I've been ignoring the request to update on version 8 now for several weeks in the hope that GiPSy will be made compatible. I'm still using FF6 here...

Will v9 be featured in foreseeable future?

Best regards!

11 posts
views: 2041
  • 1 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: ulisse (+0) (-0) | Posted: 12.11.2011 * 08:39

Hey, FF8 is out just since last week!

You're playing dirty, right? You write ahead of time in the hope Ondrap will recompile GiPSy in time for FF9 :)

Jokes apart, FF guys has adopted a release cycle of six weeks, so it won't be long to have a stable FF9, and then around half January there will be FF10 and so on.

I really hope Ondrap finds a way to render GiPSy release indipendent, for the time being I made a standalone (local) install of FF6 dedicated just to GiPSy, when I'll have time, I'll write an howto.

• 2 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: ParaDave (+0) (-0) | Posted: 13.11.2011 * 17:44

Well I was not actually joking. Just fotgot that I must have agreed to testing Beta-Versions of FF.

That's why it prompted me to install FF9.

• 3 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: ulisse (+0) (-0) | Posted: 13.11.2011 * 18:29

I just wrote my li'l guide, check it out here:

ulisse.wordpress.com/howto/how-to-set-up-a-local-firefox-6-install-to-use-exclusively-with-gipsy/

Let me know if I can improve it in any way

• 4 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: paraglideaddict (+0) (-0) | Posted: 04.02.2012 * 14:26

I think Ondřej will soon post a new version of GiPSy now that Firefox 10 is out: Firefox 10 should have no / fewer add-on compatibility issues. This should save Ondřej a lot of recompiling with all those Firefox-updates.

• 5 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: ondrap (+79) (-15) | Posted: 04.02.2012 * 16:30

The pre-release FF10 version is at http://paragliding.iglu.cz/download/gipsy/newff/ . I have to get some Mac to compile the Apple version to get it completely released.

• 6 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: bueffeljaeger (+0) (-0) | Posted: 09.02.2012 * 10:04

Hi,

Is there a change to get a working plugin for firefox/iceweasel 9.0.1 installed on a debian testing i686 system?

thanks,

Max

• 7 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: ondrap (+79) (-15) | Posted: 09.02.2012 * 15:35

Well..yeah, there is. I will try to get it compiled, give me a few days...

• 8 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: bueffeljaeger (+0) (-0) | Posted: 24.02.2012 * 12:26

Hi Ondřej,

Is it possible to run gipsy as an standalone application?

And do you have a tutorial how to compile gipsy or what libraries are needed? I'm not really familiar with firefox plugins but I do a bit programing.

thanks,

Max

• 9 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: remko (+0) (-0) | Posted: 01.03.2012 * 10:56

Maybe it's an idea to drop a quick update on top of https://www.xcontest.org/gipsy/tutorial/ (I know, updating documentation is always low prio on open-source projects, but might save a lot of time answering unnecessary questions... ;-)

Thanks for the good work!

• 10 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: deedend (+0) (-0) | Posted: 29.03.2012 * 08:17

I use Firefox Aurora (the latest Pre-Beta http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/aurora/ ) so I never can use GiPsy on that browser?

Thank you for your work!

• 11 RE: Firefox 9
    Author: ulisse (+0) (-0) | Posted: 01.04.2012 * 18:23

deedend: extensions are not supposed to work on Firefox Aurora, it's a pre-beta software and you shouldn't even use it other than for testing purposes.

If you are a tester, you should know how to make a parallel install of another version of Firefox and use it just to run GiPSy, like I'm happily doing, btw feel free to follow my guide linked in reply #3 here above.

Only logged users are allowed to add new posts.

Sections: