The Ozone Chabre XC challenge will use the same rules as for the XContest with the following differences.
Fun: All gliders up to and including LTF 1-2, EN B or equivalent.
Sport: All gliders (Cerified Gliders only)
Tandem: Tandem Gliders
Ozone : Any Ozone Glider (Fun and Sport)
Women : Any Glider (women pilots only)
Class 1 (Flex Wings)
Class 5 (Rigid Wings)
There are two different categories.
1. The sum of the best 3 flights (All Classes)
2. The best distance flight in km (with no turnpoints) Fun and Sport
- Free flight (Free distance up to three turnpoints.) 1 km = 1,00 p
- Flat triangle (Triangle which does not conform to FAI triangle specification. 1 km = 1,30 p
- FAI triangle (Conforming to the FAI definition - the shortest leg of the triangle must be at least 28% of the total triangle). 1 km = 1,75 p
A flight may be scored as a triangle, when the distance between start point and finish point is less than 10% of the entire distance as given by the 3 turnpoints. The scoring distance will then be given by the turnpoint distance, minus the gap (finish to start) distance.
All valid flights for Ozone Chabre XC Challenge must start at one of following take-offs:
Laragne Chabre N 44°17'49.4" E 005°45'41.3" with a 2km radius
Aspres N 44°32'27.2" E 005°42'44.1" with a 3km radius
Sederon N 44°12'45.5" E 005°28'41.7" with a 6km radius
The Ozone Chabre XC Challenge runs from the 1st April to 12th September.
All tracks must be uploaded within 14 days of the date of the flight except for:
Flights completed between 1st April and 30th April, which must be uploaded by 14th May
Flights completed after the 29th August, which have to be uploaded by 12th September, latest. (Prize giving on 19/20th September, Ozone stand, Coupe Icare, St Hilaire).
Flights made as part of a competition task cannot be entered in the Ozone XC Challenge