World XContest 2009 [polski]
27. 02. 2009 - XContest accept flights without valid G-record in IGC file
From today there is possible to claim flights (IGC files) without valid G-record (including GPX files converted into IGC). From now there are 3 levels of IGC validation process and each nation or club can choose:
1. Accepting only flights with valid G-record
2. Accepting all flights, but flights without valid G-record don´t affect rankings (now at World XContest). Such flights are visible in "Flight list" and "Daily score", however they will not be scored in any ranking category.
3. Accepting all flights
25. 02. 2009 - New competitions at XContest server
Finland join XContest family with their official national contest. We are looking forward for great flights from this beautfiful northern country!
We provide services for new club competitions like Cloudbusters Challenge (club from South Africa) or Schöckl Cup (Austrian club). We prepare another club scoring with special settings. If you are interested in you club competition at XContest server, read F.A.Q and contact us.
16. 01. 2009 - Gradient XCamp 2009
Gradient XCamp is light competition meeting designed for recreational pilots organized by XContest.org where you can fly freely and win brand new Gradient Aspen 3!
No tasks, no goals, no windows, no stress... Enjoy relaxed flying on the beautiful south side of Alps!
09. 01. 2009 - Skyways with tracklogs from French CFD
Thanks to FFVL, unique XContest map layer Skyways now contains also flights from French "Coupe Federale de Distance" league!
06. 01. 2009 - Quick view info
Do you have slow internet connection? Are you lazy to browse all flight details?
Now you can use our amazing „Quickview“ feature! Click on yellow „quickview“ icon...
02. 01. 2009 - Happy New Year 2009!
New year is the time to celebrate a new beginning, a time to wish all your friends and loved ones a happy new year. We bring you something very special...
Now you can use our map layers with Airspaces and Skyways for planning your XC routes and flights. Map of thermals will follow soon :-) Enjoy it!
Airspace data of countries which are not included in our map are welcomed! Please contact us.
27. 10. 2008 - Australia set up their national contest at XContest. We would like to welcome all Aussie pilots and wish them great flights and a lot of fun with XContest!
Are you interested in national scoring at XContest? Contact us!
01. 10. 2008 - The XContest system for the new season 2009 is ready! Now you can sign in, confirm your registration to the WXC 2009 and claim flights flown after 1.10.2008. Have a nice flights and a lot of fun in the new season!For sure you can claim flights to the 2008 season if they were flown until 01.10.2008 - XContest automatically detect correct contest. Don´t forget - deadline for last flights for the 2008 season is 14.10.2008!
29. 06. 2008 - Flights from DHV-XC and LEONARDO servers in Daily score!
As the first product of cooperation with DHV and Leonardo/Paraglidingforum you can start to browse all the flights from these providers directly in Daily score
Flights are mixed together with "home" XContest flights, differentiated with another background and icon of provider under the link, which goes directly to the server of origin to the new browser window. Perfect overview of flying around the world each day!
External flights have NO effect for Ranking categories.
24. 06. 2008 - XContest in full interactive 3D - special feature!
From now you can enjoy flight view in 3D mode directly in flight detail at XContest! In the flight detail simply click on "G Earth 3D" button and allow installing the Google Earth Plug-in to your browser for the first time. Then you will be able to see all flights in 3D mode.
The Google Earth Plug-in currently supports the following web browsers on Microsoft Windows XP and Vista operating systems:
- IE 6.0+, 7.0+
- Firefox 3.0x, 2.x or 2.0x
- Netscape 7.1+
- Mozilla 1.4+
- Flock 1.0+
Support for other operating systems is planned in future releases of Google Earth Plug-in.14. 11. 2007 - We would like to announce close partnership between XContest and Cross Country magazine. First issue of this cooperation is here:
Enter your flights in the XContest and you could win a free subscription to Cross Country magazine, or a DVD of your choice.
As part of our partnership Cross Country is offering free prizes to those that participate in the league. Just before each issue of Cross Country is printed, the names of three pilots who’ve entered scores in the last two months will be randomly selected by our computer. Prizes for the winners of the different categories will be announced later in the year, but in the meantime you don’t need to be a champion to be a winner, so get those flights logged.
Left menu: contains references to pages with informations about flights, pilots and ranking in particular classes. Furthermore you can find here rules and F.A.Q.
Right menu: for "users", contains references to pages which can user (pilot) use for registration, flight claim,pilot profile management, etc.
We believe, that intuitive work with the new system of XContest and simple flight claiming will bring you only pleasure. We hope you enjoy the unique level of flight detail with interactive maps and another special features.
Main goal of XContest project:
The main idea of XContest system is to provide pilots with most well-arranged and simple online cross country contest as it´s possible. Together with this we want to bring all important informations about flights and pilots. Our aim during the flight informations browsing is to give all users chance to view all important data from tracklog, which are available. And without any additional software.
- to be sure about your position you can use map of restricted and forbidden airspaces of Europe for GPS Garmin: